Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:51:16 +0000

On 2011/08/18 11:42:06, Reinhold wrote:
On 2011/08/18 11:21:22, PhilEHolmes wrote:
> LGTM too.  My suggestion would be to add some instructions about
actually
> pushing.  It took me a while to convince myself that all that
appears to be
> needed is to have an unpushed commit and type "git push".

Yes, it' s really that simple ;-)
We should add the advice, though, to do a "git pull -r"  immediately
before (to
get the latest changes from the server), because otherwise the "git
push" might
fail if someone else has pushed something to master meanwhile.

Yes, i'd very much like to see some information about this.  For example
i'm not wondering what will happen if i call 'git push' while being an
non-master branch.  I've looked at git manual, but it's not immediately
helpful; i'd have to read much more about git first to understand it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898058/