Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column. (issue 4899050)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 23:28:06 -0700

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:25:40 -0700, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:

A swing and a miss, I'm afraid.

See input/regression/pedal-bracket for what the original alignment goals
were.  (You could expand that reg-test to cover issue 723)

I think the correct fix is merely to ignore suspended heads, which could
be implemented as aligning to the stem for down-stems.  I find good
evidence to back that up I'll post on the bug tracker.

The textbooks (Ross and Stone) give no guidance.

So, I counter-proposed a patch that simply follows the request in tracker issue
723.