Re: Uses Y-offset for stem tremolos instead of translated stencil. (issu

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Uses Y-offset for stem tremolos instead of translated stencil. (issue 4867043)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:40:11 +0200

On Aug 28, 2011, at 12:51 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> Mike I get a failed patch apply here on the current tre (28 Aug)
>
> --snip--

You were applying an old patch that conflicted with current master.  I rebased
and pushed as 7623fef74bf21fc726a8c60b535e7794f9776700.

> Also we have a number of tracker issues for temolos and I am wondering
> if this covers one or more of these:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1444

These are chord tremolos (not stem tremolos), so it is a different issue.

> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=376

I don't think this is a bug...it seems like a statement of personal preference,
and should be corroborated by the literature.

> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=704

idem - chord tremolos.

> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1087

idem - chord tremolos.

> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=734

My patch doesn't fix this.  However, it facilitates the fixing of this.  If
someone wants to take a crack at it, go to Stem_tremolo::y_offset and use:

final_y_offset = minmax (direction_of_stem, final_y_offset - direction_of_stem
* me->extent(me, Y_AXIS)[direction_of_stem],
height_of_staff_symbol[direction_of_stem]);

A similar thing would need to be done for the pure heights.

The above is pseudo-code, but hopefully you get the idea.

Cheers,
MS