Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:57:04 +0200

Am Dienstag, 30. August 2011, 19:40:31 schrieb Mike Solomon:
> In this case, it seems like the property should be called positions and not
> length.  Length presupposes that the begin position remains constant and
> the end chagnes, whereas positions should take a pair that gives the
> bottom and top of the stencil.

I don't see why one would want to change the begin of a stem... The usual
situation is that a stem is too long in the output (because e.g. it is a very
high note with stemUp and thus makes staves spaced too much) and I as the
editor simply want to shorten it a bit. Of course, the stem should always
start at the notehead.

This is our user interface, so we should make these things as painless as
possible. The users are not programmers (and shouldn't be expected to be) for
something as simple as changing a single stem length.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886