Re: merging regtests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: merging regtests
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:18:59 +0100

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 11:41:37PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> So using a recent enough kernel should get rid of that annoyance.

No; although recent kernels have no maximum length of arguments in
total, they still impose a maximum length of a *single* argument.
And our build system puts all the filenames inside double quotes
(I believe it's being fed into sh -c), they count as a single
argument, so this bites us.

See MAX_ARG_STRNLEN (131072) as commented by Trevor:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1821#c12