Re: PATCH: 48-hour countdown to 20110903

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: PATCH: 48-hour countdown to 20110903
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:01:20 -0600

On 11-09-01 02:38 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 07:10:19AM -0600, Colin Campbell wrote:
Sweet!  I'll do some housekeeping as I get a chance today.
Tomorrow's batch will go out early, as I'm taking Mrs Patchmeister
on an impulse session of highway therapy: driving for 4 days around
Alberta and BC, back in time for the regular Monday batch.
Mrs Patchmeister is a lucky woman.  Driving around Alberta and BC
means the Rocky Mountains, the best place on earth.  :)

The tour went South to Lethbridge, then West through the Crowsnest to the Okanagan, North along the lakes, vineyards and orchards, eventually to Prince George, then home through the Yellowhead, with Mount Robson *almost* completely visible, although he still had a wisp of cloud at the summit. WRT the lucky part: we blew a tire about an hour or so south of PG, and were faced with the challenge of nursing the miniature "spare" at 60KM along the shoulder of the highway. We made it into a wee town about 15 minutes later, and found someone who knew a chap who could fix flats at home, on Sunday! Better than that, on the outskirts of PG, I noticed a sign saying the drive-in cinema was open, so Mrs Patchmeister and I saw "Captain America" at what is surelt the most Northerly and still operating drive-in cinema anywhere!

Cheers.

Colin

--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-- Mark Twain