Re: Offer to clean up (very) old Tracker issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Offer to clean up (very) old Tracker issues
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:53:03 +0100

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:25:25AM +0100, Peekay Ex wrote:

> 1) Remove erroneous 'Owner' and 'Status' labels (and CC if appropriate).

The status should almost always be Accepted.  If the Owner is me
or Valentin, that should be removed (it was an artifact of an old
system) unless the issue has a patch by either of us or it is
marked as Status-started.

> 2) For those 'issues' that I understand see if the issue still applies
> to the current (un)stable release (e.g. Glyph X collides with Glyph Y
> when I xxxxx in version 2.really.old)

Yes.  Please add "bug still in 2.15.10" in those cases.  If the
graphical output has changed, also add a png.
Dmytro has a very nice script that produces better pngs -- some of
the old reports have a pdf; please replace that with a png.

3) carefully consider the 'Type' label.  (the CG page on issue
clarification needs revision, but the GOP-PROP on issues
priorities is correct.  I hope to fix the CG later today)
Most notably, somewhere between 20% - 60% of type-defect issues
should be type-ugly now.

4) remove the Priority label

5) to avoid fatigue, both on your part and the part of people
reading bug-lilypond, I'd suggest no more than 10 issues each day.
Yes, it'll take two months to go through the entire list, but
there's no particular urgency for this.