Re: New Ubuntu PC

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: New Ubuntu PC
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:42:19 +0100

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

>VBox also allows you to share folders between the real and
> virtual machines, but I believe that is only for local folders, not
> networked

Correct. From the VBox help:

Shared folders must physically reside on the host and are then shared
with the guest..

However I think Phil was being literal because with the LilyDev build
of Ubuntu (which is lucid lemming - or whatever stupid name they
called it - 10.04?)  it 'just worked' when you were on a Windows
Network, so something I guess is different as Mr Kulp (who built the
iso for lilydev) didn't seem to do anything special in this respect I
think.

Regards

James