New Ubuntu PC

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: New Ubuntu PC
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:37:03 +0100

As I've already discussed with Graham and James, I've just taken delivery of a new PC, and have now loaded Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit onto it. It all seems to be working OK, and it boots in about 10 seconds!

I've got 2 disks in it - the main one is a standard SATA drive with the OS on it. The other one is an 80 GByte SSD (solid state disk) that I bought with the intention of using as my data disk, so that compiles, etc., use the fastest disk there is. My question is - how do I set up Ubuntu to use this as my data drive (presumably $HOME). I've read stuff about editing fstab, but wonder if this is the best way? Any other pointers would be appreciated.

--
Phil Holmes