Re: How to add measure counters?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: How to add measure counters?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:45:35 +0200

Am Monday, 12. September 2011, 21:14:11 schrieb Neil Puttock:
> On 12 September 2011 20:03, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > Any idea how to implement this?
>
> Shouldn't it just be a spanner whose bounds are the left column and
> right column for each bar?  Similar to a full-bar rest or percent
> repeat.

Exactly, that was my idea. My problem is that I can't do it like in the
percent repeat case, where we have percent-repeat-events (generated in the
iterator), which start at the right moment and have the correct length. In the
measure counter case everything is handled via context properties (or maybe a
start/stop event), so there is no music event at the start of each measure and
thus there is also no event from which I can obtain the length of one such
measure-spanner.

So, to formulate the question a little more precisely: In the engraver, for
which events or grobs do I have to listen/acknowledge to get the left and the
right column for each bar?

I can't listen to bar lines, since there might be mid-measure barlines, or no
barline at all (think longa or breve)...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886