Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories (probable decision)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories (probable decision)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:46:31 +0200

2011/9/15 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> ** Unchanged branches
> (...)
>  stable/*

I'm wondering if we can get rid of them, but i'm not sure about one
thing: are they just a point in our history, i.e.
<first commit> ... (lots of commits) ...<2.x stable release commit>
... (lots of commits) ... <current master>?
Or are they true branches, i.e. not a subset of master?
In the first case maybe we could just use git tags? (or is my question
stupid because we are already using them?)

cheers,
Janek

PS overall LGTM