Re: GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:42:16 +0200

Am Thursday, 15. September 2011, 22:29:21 schrieben Sie:
> 2011/9/15 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> > Personally, I'd prefer it if we focused on solving rather than creating
> > real problems.

My experience from the C++ formatting run is that those whitespace changes are
really no big deal. Rebasing does not cause that many conflicts usually, and
those can be manually fixed easily.

> i'd love to see more comments in the code!  Currently i have hard time
> reading note-collision.cc - after more than an hour i still only have
> a vague idea what's going on there.  If anyone'd like to explain this,
> i'd be greatful!  I cannot write a good fix for 1546 until i
> understand note-collision.cc

I can only second that: Having more comments would really help me understand
in many case what's going on and what's the purpose of some particular code
and the logic.
Personally, I try to include lots of comments, so that whenever I'll look at
the code again, I don't have to think it through in detail, bue have the
comments tell me all about the code in human-understandable language.

In particular, if someone uses some clever code, or a nasty workaround, we
really need some comments to understand what's goind on.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886