Re: GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:20:39 +0200

David Kastrup writes:

> The main problem is that it is catastrophic with regard to rebasing, and
> still rather disruptive with regard to merging.

+1

> Personally, I'd prefer it if we focused on solving rather than creating
> real problems.

+1

Also, I'm not going to start the C++ indentation discussion all over
again.  I did not read this proposal as I figured that it would do the
only sensible thing: formalise the status quo while allowing people who
are not using Emacs yet to indent their files the GNU way using a
script.  We're a GNU project, remember?

Please find an indenter that does what Emacs does.  Most every .scm
is indented by Emacs now.  And please, pretty please, give Emacs
another try.

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl