Re: Introduce a maximum depth for markup evaluation (issue 5032041)

From: ianhulin44
Subject: Re: Introduce a maximum depth for markup evaluation (issue 5032041)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:26:54 +0000

On 2011/09/15 20:37:07, Reinhold wrote:
http://codereview.appspot.com/5032041/diff/1/scm/lily.scm
File scm/lily.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5032041/diff/1/scm/lily.scm#newcode125
scm/lily.scm:125: it will not terminate at all and print out a
warning, but
continue processing.")
On 2011/09/15 19:57:12, Ian Hulin (gmail) wrote:
> In the regression test the doc-text says
> "Markups have a maximum depth to prevent non-termination."
> your doc-text here seems to say something different, i.e. you'll
print out the
> warning and let it carry on until Lily runs our of memory or
whatever.  Which
is
> right?

2nd try: "Maximum depth for the markup tree. If a markup has more
levels, assume
it will not terminate on its own, print a warning and return a null
markup
instead."

LGTM

Cheers, Ian