Re: Unifies mensural ligatures with blot-diameter. (issue 5030053)

From: bordage . bertrand
Subject: Re: Unifies mensural ligatures with blot-diameter. (issue 5030053)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:23:26 +0000

On 2011/09/18 21:47:04, janek wrote:
I think LGTM, but it would be great if you'd add a regtest to
demonstrate what
this patch is fixing.

I don't think so. mensural-ligatures.ly contains every case fixed by
this patch.
If I make a regtest to show such tiny graphical differences, then we
would need to do the same thing for almost every graphical object...

http://codereview.appspot.com/5030053/diff/9001/lily/mensural-ligature.cc#newcode79
lily/mensural-ligature.cc:79: stencil = Lookup::beam (corrected_slope,
width *
0.5, staff_space, blotdiameter);
What does this do? (sorry for a stupid question)

This is making a beam with round corners (blotdiameter is the radius of
the round corner). These beams are used to represent the flexa (the big
'slide' at the end of the before/after PNGs).

http://codereview.appspot.com/5030053/diff/9001/lily/mensural-ligature.cc#newcode201
lily/mensural-ligature.cc:201: ("noteheads.sM2ligmensural").extent
(Y_AXIS).length () * 0.5
I don't get it - why is this commented?

Because the stems of these noteheads are not inside their Y-extent. This
comment shows how this should ideally work.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5030053/