Re: Issue 1873 in lilypond: Added glyphs for Kievan Notation

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: Issue 1873 in lilypond: Added glyphs for Kievan Notation
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:41:13 +0100

Janek,

2011/9/18 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:

>>> Neil is correct, the documentation won't compile, it gives the
>>> message: Unlisted glyphs in Documentation/included/font-table.ly
>>>
>>> I've added the necessary code to font-table.ly
>>>
>>> However, my documentation still won't compile. I get the following message:
>>>
>>> cp -p web.texi out-www/web.texi
>>> cp: cannot stat `web.texi': No such file or directory
>>> make[3]: *** [out-www/web.texi] Error 1
>>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sasha/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/de'
>>> make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
>>> rm out-www/weblinks.itexi
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sasha/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
>>> make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sasha/lilypond-git/build'
>>> make: *** [doc-stage-1] Error 2
>>>
>>> Doesn't look like this has something to do with the Kievan glyphs.
>>> What is web.texi?
>>
>> web.texi is a file in Documentation/ directory, but I don't know why
>> such an error could appear...

This is one of those messages that is misleading. I get this (and a
variation of this with Authors.texi) all the time usually because

1. I forgot to make before I make doc
2. I applied a patch with some incorrect syntax
3. I did a git pull and there was a change that meant I should have
done a ../configure (assuming you are using an out of tree build) (for
example a load of branch merges from translation since my last pull).

As Mike says, for the sake of a few minutes to run ../configure ; make

It maybe easier to nuke the out of tree build dir and start again.

I've been doing make and make doc so many times every day that you end
up knowing which 'errors' you can ignore and which you can just run
'make' again and it will just work. We know that the build system for
doc is not perfect, but we are getting there slowly.

Regards

James