Re: Doc: Added note to CG about disable-optimizing (issue 5081048)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Doc: Added note to CG about disable-optimizing (issue 5081048)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:26:53 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5081048/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5081048/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi#newcode143
Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi:143: be run with the
@code{--disable-optimising} option.  Then you will need
On 2011/09/21 12:55:56, Colin Campbell wrote:
On 2011/09/21 08:43:09, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> I think I'd mention just running ./autogen, just in
> case the reader is doing the build for the first time.
> But if you leave the configure option in it should be
> ./configure.

I believe the ../configure is appropriate for an out of tree build: it
would be
run from a /build directory, which we strongly recommend, no?

Yes, we very strongly recommend ../configure.  And as far as I'm
concerned, there is no such thing as a
./autogen.sh
command; there is merely
./autogetn.sh --noconfigure
(followed by mkdir -p build/ ; cd build/ ; ../configure --options)

At this point in the CG, I don't think it's worth worrying about
somebody starting from a totally untouched git tree -- or rather, if
anybody _is_ in that state, they'll know to run autogen.sh first.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5081048/