Re: Doc: add a note about \relative f to notation (issue 1909) (issue 50

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Doc: add a note about \relative f to notation (issue 1909) (issue 5096046)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:31:29 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5096046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely
File Documentation/notation/pitches.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5096046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode258
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:258: If you carefully consider all
the rules above and remember that the
On 2011/09/21 07:50:05, dak wrote:
Just "One consequence of these rules is that" would be quite more
concise,

+1

Graham's warning against complex language was quite valid; the
"monosyllabic"
version in the mail exchange a definite improvement.

I'm not as concerned about monosyllabic words in Notation as I am about
Learning, but it's still good to avoid them.  Quite apart from putting
(some) native English readers to sleep, those words are harder for
non-native English speakers to read.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5096046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode263
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:263: