Re: 2.15.12 regtest problems

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: 2.15.12 regtest problems
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:41:57 +0000 (UTC)

mike <at> apollinemike.com <mike <at> apollinemike.com> writes:

> On Sep 23, 2011, at 6:38 AM, Keith OHara wrote:
>
> > Phil Holmes <email <at> philholmes.net> writes:
> >>
> >> There are 2 significant problems I've found with 2.15.12.  The first is
> >> shown in the Les Nereides regtest - a fingering indication goes missing.
> >>
> > Confirming.  The missing fingering indication is hidden under a note head
> > in the other voice.  The change from Stem to Flag for 2.15.12 is necessary
> > to see the problem. I'll try to reduce to a minimal example but it will
> > take a while; there are lots of interacting overrides in that torture-test.
> >

> I just compiled the file and I see the fingering indications just fine - I
don't think any of the indications
> are hidden under noteheads (I could be reading the regtest file wrong,
however).

This is as far as I got toward a tiny example:

\paper {ragged-right = ##t }
\relative f {
    \key a \major
    s1 \break
    \stemUp
    r8 a'''8^( gis fis
    gis fis e)-1-4-5 r
}

The 2.15.12 build for Windows puts 1 4 and 5 all on top of each other.

The problem is associated with "no solution found for Bezier intersection"
so it frustratingly goes away when the slur changes shape slightly.

Note that 2.15.12 is after Joe's commit
"Cleanups and generalizations in Bezier::minmax."