Re: Fwd: GDP Docs compilation FAILED (2011.09.23-03:32)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fwd: GDP Docs compilation FAILED (2011.09.23-03:32)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:09:08 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is the problem: \with-link declares its argument type wrong
> (declares symbol? and uses #"label", a string).  My patch has the
> side-effect that markup commands actually check their argument lists for
> correctness.  Previously it just let any Scheme argument through
> completely unchecked.

Worse.  All regtests employ symbols, the docstring gives an example with
a string, and autogenerated code uses a string.

Whatever.  I am not taking the blame and pressure for fixing everybody
else's bugs timely, so I am simply reverting the whole merge commit.

I'll see whether it is feasible to prepare a separate patch that just
does the typechecking and nothing else, then people can clean up the
current Lilypond code base without bothering about the rest.

> Now I could revert my branch merge, or I could prepare a patch that
> stops type-checking the argument lists to markup commands, but I think
> it is saner if we grit our teeth and just fix the previously unnoticed
> bugs as they get exposed.

Obviously not.