Re: Fwd: GDP Docs compilation FAILED (2011.09.23-03:32)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Fwd: GDP Docs compilation FAILED (2011.09.23-03:32)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:38:33 +0200

On Fr., 23. Sep. 2011 09:55:26 CEST, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am somewhat surprised that the patch passed testing by someone else,
> though.   It would seem that doc builds are not part of that.

Nope, because it's the regtetsts' task, so only the regtests are checked. It's
also a practical issue: On my machine a regtest run takes ~20 minutes, while a
docs build takes about 3 hours, so it's impossible to check the docs build for
every patch.

If a regtest run succeeds, but a docs build fails, that's basically a bug in
our regtests (and we have many missing regtests still).

That's also why it's so important to have a proper regtest for each new feature.

Cheers,
Reinhold