GOP meta: pause in new proposals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GOP meta: pause in new proposals
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:52:33 +0100

Hi all,

We've been passing proposals faster than we can implement them.
That's particularly a shame because there's a *huge* amount of
friction and unpleasantness that can be avoided by spending a few
hours on implementing a number of those proposals.

We will continue with the existing proposals, but I won't
introduce any new ones for the next 2 weeks, possibly longer.
I want to make a serious dent in the pain of our development
process.

Given the current amount of interest in "pain removal" work, I'm
forecasting that GOP will continue until April 2012 or so, and
thus GLISS won't begin until Summer 2012.