archeological patch digging

From: Graham Percival
Subject: archeological patch digging
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:14:59 +0100

I've just discovered about 10 patches that had new versions, but
hadn't been updated with Patch-new, so James wasn't checking them,
so they weren't getting to Patch-review, so they were never
getting onto a countdown.

I got bored before I finished going throught the entire list, and
I didn't look at any of the patch-abandoned stuff.  Does anybody
feel like doing this?

For each patch,
- if there's a newer version since the last set of complaints,
  make it patch-new
- if there's existing complaints and it's been over a month since
  any action, send PRIVATE email to the owner asking if it's
  abandoned.  I say private because public emails are often
  ignored.
  If you hear back from the owner that they've definitely given
  up, make it patch-abandoned.  If they say they're still working
  on it, just make a little comment to that effect so we know
  what's up.