Re: What is -dold-relative and why do we need it?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: What is -dold-relative and why do we need it?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:16:03 +0100

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 05:18:16PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> and it is queried in quite a few places.  Lilypond 1.8 seems like a
> rather old version to support.
>
> Do we really need to have this around?  Anybody even knows what it does?

IIRC, old-relative had to do with the behavior of relative octaves
and repeats -- should the second alternative be based on the last
note *before* the first alternative, or the last note *inside* the
first alternative.

I would rather postpone any discussion about keeping this until
the GOP proposal on deprecation.  Vaguely scheduled for Dec.