Re: \slashedGrace vs \acciaccatura

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: \slashedGrace vs \acciaccatura
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 15:30:48 +0100

On 25 September 2011 15:19, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

> a) I believe the slashedGrace function is
> to allow a slurred grace note inside a slur

Nope.  Reinhold recently added support for separate slurs on graces,
so they work fine nested inside other slurs.

b) I'm not convinced a tied grace note makes musical sense

It's usually used to indicate a note/chord to be played early, at
least in piano music when it's logistically impossible to sound on the
beat without a third hand. :)  I believe this is the usage which
Reinhold was thinking of when he added the new command (see
grace-slashed-no-slur.ly).

Cheers,
Neil