Re: Fixes to projecthosting_upload.py (issue 5144045)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Fixes to projecthosting_upload.py (issue 5144045)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:39:45 +0000

I'll need a github account name from you to enable random pushing to my
git-cl repo.
  https://github.com/

I'm not going to picky about applying changes to this repo... although
maybe it's good for me to take a quick peek at whatever you do, given
some of the problems below.  :)

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py
File projecthosting_upload.py (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode18
projecthosting_upload.py:18: try :
4-space indents please

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode28
projecthosting_upload.py:28: #PROJECT_NAME = "mewes"
To test this, comment the "mewes" line and comment out the lilypond
line.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode108
projecthosting_upload.py:108: maybe_number = [int(x) for x in
re.findall(r'[0-9]+', text)]
this finds any number; I'd like to restrict the numbers to "issue" /
"fix" (with any capitalization), and maybe stuff like (123).

I certainly think we should avoid things like "According to Stone 1994,
beams should have 3 staff spaces (fix 1234)" picking up 1994.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode111
projecthosting_upload.py:111: return str(issue_id[0]) if maybe_number !=
[] else None
I get a "NoneType object is unsubscriptable"

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode113
projecthosting_upload.py:113: def query_user(self, issue = None)
need a : here

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode118
projecthosting_upload.py:118: info = raw_input("This is an invalid
entry.  Please enter either an issue number (just digits, no spaces) or
nothing to create an issue: ")
4-space indent

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode141
projecthosting_upload.py:141: issue, problem =
self.update_issue(issue_id, description)
if you really want to avoid uploading anything, then just comment out
these lines, and dump a "print issue_id" above it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/diff/2001/projecthosting_upload.py#newcode163
projecthosting_upload.py:163: #upload("rietveld_issue_id", None, "test
issue", "blah")
uncomment these to test.  Feel free to add your own "subject" or
"description" with whatever type of text you want to test for the
issue_id finding.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5144045/