Re: Text hyphenation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Text hyphenation
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:27:01 +0200 (CEST)

> I use both | and = regularly in markup. [...]

Ah, OK.

> I like the \- (without whitespace) most, as this is also LaTeX' s
> way to allow (but not force) a line break.

BTW, in analogy to LaTeX's german.sty, the following would be useful
also:

  \"  a zero-width breakpoint not causing a hyphen, to be used
      e.g. after a slash: `and/\"or'

  \|  the zero-width non-joining character (ZWNJ) to inhibit
      ligatures: `Auf\|lage'

  \~  a non-breakable hyphen.  You need this in German for things like
      `Bogenminuten und -sekunden' (arc minutes and seconds)

    Werner