Re: lilydev 2.0

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilydev 2.0
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:38:09 -0800

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:35:36AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I could probably do it again. Maybe Debian would be better base so it
> wouldn't need upgrading as much?

This upgrade is to match our changing development requirements,
i.e. fontforge 20110222 --enable-double, astyle 2.02, having the
user profile set up with $LILYPOND_GIT, etc.  Not because of any
problems in ubuntu 10.04 itself.

oh wait, were you referring to Ubuntu's frequent security updates?
Well, I suppose that Debian probably has fewer... but I'd rather
stay with ubuntu.  All our windows contributors are accustomed to
it by now, and there's plenty of newbie-oriented help online for
ubuntu.