Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:37:03 -0800

Le 8 Dec 2011 à 00:17:56 -0800, address@hidden a écrit :
Le Dec 8, 2011 à 1:30 AM, address@hidden a écrit :

The old code was making a distinction between hairpins that end at the
end of a line and those that continue on the next line.

Does your code preserve this distinction?

Yes.  I care about the latter (whether the hairpin itself is broken) and all my
code kicks in after this distinction is made.

Hey Mike,
 I was in the hairpin code for issue 1216 and noticed that you apply
broken-bound-padding for both of the cases we talked about above.  That means
that for the original example in issue 2057, the hairpins ending at the end of
the line get only half the space as the ones ending at other bar lines, and
there is no distinction between hairpins that end at the end of the line versus
those that continue on the next line.

 It's not a big difference, until somebody overrides 'bound-padding and still
gets the hard-coded 0.6 staff-space at the final bar line.

 What do you think about integrating your code into the old logic like this
<http://codereview.appspot.com/5479071/> so that hairpins ending on a
non-musical column get 'bound-padding, while hairpins broken across lines get
'broken-bound-padding which calls your new code ?   Your regression test is unchanged.

 Lemme know.

-Keith