Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 06:47:08 +0100 (CET)

>> So either I interpret something wrong into what you are saying, or
>> you interpret something wrong into what the Guile developers are
>> saying, or the Guile developers interpret something wrong into what
>> usability should be saying.  Or a bit of each.
>
> *Shrug*.  It's very easy to get things confused with two different
> projects (Guile and LilyPond) developing at different speeds and
> with fundamental deep-level changes going on in each (like
> byte-compilation in Guile and your spring-clean on the parser stuff,
> also I only get chance to work on Lily in bursts, and I'm not able
> to swap between development with the two Guile versions as easily as
> I'd like.

I strongly suggest that we try to directly involve Andy `Mr. Guile'
Wingo.  IIRC, he was already helpful in resolving previous problems,
and he as the main developer of Guile could give helpful insights to
find a satisfying solution.

Ian, can you do that, with CCing the lilypond-devel list?  (And the
lilypond-devel list maintainer, please have an eye to the queue so
that his mails get forwarded quickly).

   Werner