Fwd: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Fwd: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:56:13 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:54:29 +0000
From: Ian Hulin <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
CC: Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Hi Han-Wen,
On 19/12/11 02:52, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>> <snip...>
> While I can appreciate your sentiment, can we cut the swearing? It was
> written by Nicolas Sceaux who is much more fluent at writing Scheme
> code than I have ever been. Have you tried contacting him?

To the list, and Nicolas in particular: please accept my unconditional
apologies if I have caused offence. I was attempting humour, quoting
Douglas Adams' /Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy/, and obviously failed.
:-(.

>> You mean:
>> 1. do some icky stuff in the lilypond-file procedure to create a new
>> lilypond scope, then make sure it (use-modules (lily)) before letting
>> ly:parse-file loose in it?
>
> This is already done by the parser.

Thanks for the confirmation, I found where it looked like this was
happening in the code since posting, but wasn't 100% sure.

>> 2. have compile-markup-_expression_ do a double lookup in
>> (current-module), and if needed then look in (lily)?
>
> yep.

Cheers,
Ian