Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:11:45 -0200

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I pulled out and tested the examples in separate .ly file and the
> format that fails is
> #(define-markup-command (double-box layout props text) (markup?)
>  "Draw a double box around text."
>  (interpret-markup layout props
>    #{\markup \override #'(box-padding . 0.4) \box
>            \override #'(box-padding . 0.6) \box { $text }#}))
> \markup \double-box A

Since the person writing the code is writing Scheme already, requiring
the inner markups to be in Scheme is a reasonable restriction, IMO.
That said, it would be nice if #{ #} could be made to work, but I not
enough insight into how it works.

What is the rationale for putting the markups in a separate module?