Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Markup module patch (Issue 2026)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:48:11 -0200

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> wrote:

> In order to get the markup stuff to compile or be interpreted
> correctly with Guile V2, I had to get the procedures validating the
> markup commands to look in a single module at the list where they were
> held. So I chose the base (lily) module.

> To keep it consistent, I got
> the define-markup-command and define-markup-list-command macros to
> push and pop the current Scheme module by doing
> (let (prevmod (current-module))
>     (existing declaration)

Does this mean that markup definitions in user code (ie. in .ly files)
will be put in the lily module too? How will you prevent definitions
from leaking between files?

Why can't the validation procedure look in multiple places?

If it needs to be one place, it should probably be the scope of the
.ly file, with some initialization importing the definitions from the
lily module.