Re: Tie LilyPond, lexer and parser together more type-safely. (issue 550

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tie LilyPond, lexer and parser together more type-safely. (issue 5501056)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:29:17 +0100

> LGTM.
>
> Does this require a required version bump in configure for flex/bison?

Good question.

Looking at /usr/share/doc/bison/changelog.gz, I see for example

2003-04-28  Tim Van Holder <address@hidden>

        * data/yacc.c: (b4_lex_param): Corrected for the case where
        %lex-param is provided and %pure-parser isn't.

That makes it likely that we won't be hearing lots of hollering from
users if the version is not entirely accurate in configure.  I would
guess that this is about the time from which on the %lex-param and
%parse-param have been usable in the current form.

Flex should not actually be involved in that change.