Re: Tie LilyPond, lexer and parser together more type-safely. (issue 550

From: dak
Subject: Re: Tie LilyPond, lexer and parser together more type-safely. (issue 5501056)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:10:28 +0000

On 2011/12/21 22:29:20, dak wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys <mailto:address@hidden> writes:

> Does this require a required version bump in configure for
flex/bison?

Good question.

Looking at /usr/share/doc/bison/changelog.gz, I see for example

2003-04-28  Tim Van Holder <mailto:address@hidden>

         * data/yacc.c: (b4_lex_param): Corrected for the case where
         %lex-param is provided and %pure-parser isn't.

That makes it likely that we won't be hearing lots of hollering from
users if the version is not entirely accurate in configure.

In case that has not been obvious: I think it is not trivial to acquire
accurate version information and I don't expect to see problems in
practice.  If and when we get a version-related report, we can use that
information for updating the required versions, but I don't think it's
worth actively hunting for it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5501056/