Re: windows lilypond-book.py

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: windows lilypond-book.py
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:38:23 +0000

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:31:43AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham, you wrote Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:43 AM
>
> >I expect 1 and 2 to work.  If 3 works, we're golden.  If 4
> >succeeds then something weirder than I think is happening.
>
> Well, 1 works fine, printing out the directory and return code 0
> but 2 just hangs in the wait(), so nothing is printed.  I have to
> CTRL-C to recover the terminal.

srsly?!  I really wasn't expect that!

For anybody wanting a quick refresh, this is what hangs:
    cmd = "dir"
    proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True,
        stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
    ret = proc.wait()
    print "2. return code: ", ret

ok, could you paste these 3 lines to the top of the main()
function, then run the result?  you'll need to CTRL-C when it gets
to step 2, but if this looks ok (please check log.txt) then we're
still good.

    cmd = "dir > log.txt"
    ret = os.system(cmd)
    print "0. return code: ", ret