Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:48:58 +0000

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 03:34:45PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Patchy has been running for about 6 hours on my laptop trying to get the
> current staging (which is one trivial commit ahead of master) checked.
> And is still on it.

???  if you look in the build dir, what logs does it have?  I
mean, I'd expect pretty much any laptop that still boots to be
able to complete a full doc build in 6 hours.

> So seriously: this needs to move to a different computer if LilyPond
> development is of concern to you all.

Agreed, a laptop isn't great for long-term patchy-staging merge,
but I'm still surprised it's taking this long.  The compile is
O(make doc), so asymptotically, any machine that can complete that
task can be used in a pinch.