Re: Typo fixes (issue 5622049)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Typo fixes (issue 5622049)
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 03:38:35 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> LGTM*, please push immediately.
>
> * or rather: I dislike the US spelling of "canceled" vs. the proper
> British spelling "cancelled", however our doc guide is quite clear: we
> use US spelling.

You are not the centre of the universe anymore.  On the plus side, the
US does not make you look bad in cricket.

> As such, the patch Looks Correct To Me, regardless of my personal
> feelings on the matter.  :)

"correct" is such a short word...  Didn't you rather mean "impeccable"?

You are lucky anyway.  At least the spellings you prefer _are_ valid in
a sizable part of the world.  After the last German spelling reform, I
am not in a similar position.