Re: failure rewriting Patchy

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: failure rewriting Patchy
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:25:09 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear developers,
>
> i hoped to rewrite Patchy to make it more robust, user-friendly and
> solve problems that David experienced with his fix for 2240;
> unfortunately it turned out that i'm not experienced enough to do
> this.  After 50 hours of struggle i'm so frustrated that i cannot
> continue.
> I'm sorry :(
> I attach the half-baked results of my work...  I'd love to continue
> working on this, but i cannot demand anyone to write the python code
> for me.

It will likely end up being mostly my chore again, I guess.  Not that I
have any noteworthy experience with Python, but the alternative to
getting the automatisms to work because nobody else does is doing all
the work manually because nobody else does.  Of course, spending my own
savings on this because nobody else does.

At least you gave it a serious try which is more than can be said for
the lion's share of people making use of LilyPond.