Re: failure rewriting Patchy

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: failure rewriting Patchy
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 17:04:21 +0100

2012/2/4 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:
>> what were you trying to do and what caused problems, Jan?

I was trying to completely rewrite Patchy.  Graham's implementation
seemed too complicated to me.

>> I've not looked at the attached file,
>
> I have not looked either.

Please do.  There's a readme and a file with detailed specifications
for some procedures (algorithms written in pseudocode, step by step).
I failed exactly at translating these algorithms to a nicely written
Python code handling logs, exceptions etc.  Yes, it's that stupid.  I
wrote down /how/ things should work, but failed at writing code.
If you find contents of SPECIFICATIONS file useful, that's what i can
do quite effectively.

Or maybe i'm completely wrong and all of this is useless; i'm too upset to tell.

Janek