utf-8-string

From: address@hidden
Subject: utf-8-string
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:55:11 +0100

Hey all,

I see a shortcut for utf-8-strings in pango-font.cc.  This is all well and good
except that it is hard to do box approximations on these guys (it'd require
adding lots of code).  How mad would LilyPond be if I just deleted all of the
utf-8-string business?  I don't think it'd change the visual output...it'd just
get rid of a shortcut.  Does anyone have any justification for keeping this
shortcut?

Cheers,
MS