articulations on EventChord

From: David Kastrup
Subject: articulations on EventChord
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:40:26 +0100

I have been just rewritting a snippet that used to add text spanners to
"elements" working purely on EventChord.  It now has to add to
"articulations" on a NoteEvent, and to "elements" on EventChord.

As an element of courtesy to programmers, I would like to allow people
to add to "articulations" on EventChord.  That way, you can do
"extract-named-music" on both EventChord and NoteEvent, and just plaster
your stuff into "articulations' without worrying which of the two you
got.

As long as this is just user generated content, there is not much more
to do rather than let the event chord iterator replay articulations
after elements.

It might make sense at some point of time to actually let the parser
generate this arrangement as well.  However, that would be a change of
format that should likely be left for another time.

What's your take on this?  Just replaying articulations is not likely to
cause any incompatibilities (though of course snippets making use of
that trick generate incompatible music streams in the process).