can we use Wikipedia to promote LilyPond? I think yes!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: can we use Wikipedia to promote LilyPond? I think yes!
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:03:13 +0100

Wikipedia uses LaTeX to render math formulas.  Why couldn't it use
LilyPond to create music examples in articles?

Why LilyPond is perfect for Wikipedia:
- text input, can be created using a web browser
- easy to create both vector graphics and raster images at any given resolution
- GNU GPL'ed
...and thats not including Lily great output quality.  See how some
examples look now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melisma - yuck!!

using Lily as built-in score editor will be beneficial for Wikipedia,
and i'm pretty sure that for us it will be a huge promotion!
Thoughts?

Janek