Re: Announce discontinuation of MacOSX support for versions 10.4 and old

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Announce discontinuation of MacOSX support for versions 10.4 and older (issue 2271) (issue 5653057)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:52:58 +0100

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 08:16:53PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>> address@hidden writes:
>>
>> > However, there is clearly no desire to
>> > actually create that two-line patch, so I guess that removing support is
>> > the thing to do.
>>
>> Again: I don't have a clue about the involved work.  But if it isn't
>> happening, there is no point in never releasing something for those
>> platforms which we _do_ actively support.
>
> Agreed; if you fix the other comments in my review, I'll give it a
> LGTM.  I'm just giving one more chance to somebody to care about
> this.

Sure thing.  When this will be going on countdown, I was also going to
copy it to the user list.  I also plan on mentioning it in the next
LilyPond Report (no idea about when I'll be working seriously on that,
hopefully soon), whether before or after 2.16 has been released.  But as
long as no users are seriously worrying about OSX 10.4 (and the only one
actually offering a bounty was not doing this out of personal need, but
because of sympathy with possibly mythical legacy users), there does not
seem much of a point to expend the work, even if it is just few hours,
for caring.