Work on Issue 1320

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Work on Issue 1320
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 20:51:58 +0200

Hello list,

as issue 1320 is labeled as 'frog', I thought it would be a good idea
to dig deeper into scheme and c++ by rewriting most parts of lily/bar-line.cc
and lily/span-bar.cc

It was not as easy and straightforward as I thought, because there were
some cross-references between the two files.

Please find attached what I have done so far. I don't know whether the
kievan bar line makes sense with span bars, but I managed to get this
better IMHO, but the dashed bar line is positioned *over* the topmost
bar line, which is wrong.
And I have to admit that some lines of code were adopted from Nicolas Sceaux's work on custom bar lines; this made this task a lot easier. Kudos to Nicolas!

Does it make sense to replace the definitions in bar-line.cc/span-bar.cc
with the scheme equivalents? If yes, I'd draw a patch and would include
one example for integrating user-defined bar lines with the new approach
as a snippet (once I get the dashed bar line right in place ...)

Thanks in advance,

Marc