Re: Staging/Master Merge - James' Patchy

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Staging/Master Merge - James' Patchy
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:54:55 +0100

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 06:26:30PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> OK.  I know why the patch is broken - it doesn't contain the new
> snippets (like screech-and-boink.ly).  This appears to have been a
> mistake when I was creating the huge patch - I had six patches to
> apply to get the new one, and I assume I either missed one, or the
> files weren't added because I didn't run git add after git apply.
> Anyway, I assume this one should be reverted, which I would do if I
> knew how.  Could someone either revert it, or tell me how and I'll
> push a new one with the missing files.

I'll revert it, but could we avoid having it all smooshed into a
single patch?  When I said that it could be pushed directly, I was
expecting one patch that dealt with the automatic makelsr run.
Not the manual changes to documentation, removing files from
Documentation/snippets/new/, and the like.

There's no reason to do everything at once.  One single makelsr.py
should be a single self-contained patch; the other changes can
happen after that single patch has been accepted to master.