Re: Patchy email

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:56:14 +0200

Il giorno lun, 14/05/2012 alle 15.46 +0200, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 03:38:33PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> > IIUC the "From:" field is not read from a config file but is hardcoded
> > in compile_lilypond_test.py:55, can we set up to a sensible default
> > value, or should it be made configurable?
>
> Either is fine with me.  A sensible default value could be
>   "patchy %s" % (os.hostname())
> assuming there's a command like that in os.

On second thought, it must be an address subscribed on both
lilypond-auto and lilypond-devel, so let's make a config option for it.

> Can you give me your github account name, so I can add you to the
> lilypond-extra project so you can push directly?

I didn't have one, I just created "jmander".

> Also, if you'd like to rename files / classes / methods /
> functions a bit so they make more sense, I'm totally down with
> that.  I know that you know more python than me, so feel free to
> push directly.  Depending on the files you rename, the CG might
> need updating; see
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/summary-for-experienced-developers

Do you mean renaming files/classes/methofs in patches/, or in all
directories of the repository?  I see no mention of Patchy in
summary-for-experienced-developers.

Cheers,
John