Re: Patchy email

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:38:33 +0200

Il giorno lun, 14/05/2012 alle 15.18 +0200, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 03:07:23PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> > Ok, this time I got
> >
> > $ cat /home/lilydev/lilypond-auto-compile-results/log-2012-05-14-14.txt
> > Begin LilyPond compile, commit:     c597a126f11943be74a98efee056ab54ae729315
> > Merged staging, now at:     c597a126f11943be74a98efee056ab54ae729315
>
> I wouldn't expect those to be the same, but perhaps that's just
> some iffiness due to playing around with the setup.

I got independently build failures (race condition in fonts build in
"make -j3", then txi-nl.tex not found in doc build) and email sending
misconfiguration, so I guess the committish shown after "Begin LilyPond
compile, commit:" results from a merge done in a previous
lilypond-patchy-staging run.

> >     Success:                pushed to master
> >
> > I hope it had the desired action, I'm not willing to run it again until
> > being up to date with development policies.
>
> Looks good.  Development policies (or practice) for patch
> merge-stable is to run the script every 6 hours.  That should be
> it.

I'm fine with setting up a cronjob on the machine I just used (personal
laptop plugged on UPS at the lab) for a few days.

> If there's a failure, email goes to lilypond-devel.  If there's a
> success or failure, email goes to lilypond-auto.  That should all
> be set up automatically (provided you have a good config file).

IIUC the "From:" field is not read from a config file but is hardcoded
in compile_lilypond_test.py:55, can we set up to a sensible default
value, or should it be made configurable?

Best,
John