Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:53:17 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/4023/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/4023/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1077
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1077:
I'm not comfortable with tables/lists like this in the NR. Yes I am sure
it works for those that think like that, but for a user it's too
complicated. @examples work much better.

I'm not disparaging the work you've done but from a documentation point
of view I think 'we' (royal or otherwise) can do better for users.

If this were the Application Usage manual then sure, but not the NR.
Examples are much better.

I spent an age getting this right personally from a doc point of view
last week and I just don't think this is in the 'spirit' of the NR.
Happy to get another opinion.

If you don;t mind (because I know how personal this <> stuff had become)
I can look at this part again over the weekend and use this to make a
new patch for the doc myself?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/