Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:28:49 +0000

On 2012/05/17 18:57:11, Carl wrote:
I think it's much clearer than it was, which is a definite
improvement.

I also think some simple rearranging could make it even more
accessible for the
user.

No argument here.  The current distinction is rather artificial since
automatic/manual is just the outcome of one optional argument being
present.  Another is timed/grobbed.  And yet another is
specified/unspecified grob.

timed+unspecified is useless, so that leaves 6 combinations.  There is
no example in the docs for "timed" yet; it would make sense to
demonstrate it with TimeSignature or so.  Examples for specified are
Stem and AccidentalCautionary.

Basically I kept all the examples identical (except demonstrating a
specified as well as an unspecified grob footnote on the same note).  It
would make sense in redesigning the examples to better follow the prose
and be more complete.

I think that I pretty much got the possibilities covered in the current
text.  I still have to hunt down warnings/programming errors, so I would
focus on the code and be perfectly glad if somebody else is willing to
carry the documentation from here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/